Community Helpers Reflection
I believe that NETS*T Standard 4 applies best to this assignment because it promoted collaboration with my group members, in creating our website. The purpose of our Community Helpers website was to have student learn about the different people in the community and what they contribute to society.
I could make the lesson plan more challenging by having students digitally record an interview of a community helper and upload the video to the blog. Students will have to continuously blog about the different videos that each student uploads.
Students can play community file folder games online. File folder games are beneficial tools for enlightening children with autism in simple ideas and they allow for reiteration of main ideas.
The thing I liked most about this assignment was that we had to create a multimedia lesson plan. These tools “help teachers deliver high quality instruction, with an effective blend of classroom activities and interactive multimedia demonstrations.” (Classedge,2011) Students are able to have fun while using technology.
The thing I liked least about this assignment was because it was our first time using Wix.com I had to really play with icons and elements to figure out how they function. I really started to get frustrated so I had to ask a group mate for help.
Overall, I had a lot of fun creating this lesson plan with my group. I learned a lot and plan to use Wix.com in the future.
ClassEdge. (2011). An Intergrated Learning Solution from the TATAs. http://www.tataclassedge.com/html/home.html
International Society of Technology in Education. (2011). Standards. http://www.iste.org/standards/nets-for-teachers.aspx
Hi:
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got the Wix website to work for you. I hope you continue to use it in future classes.
-j-