Enabling Dreams is a video that discusses the impact of prompt introduction to assistive technology. Before watching this video, I did not know much about the world of assistive technology. Through Enabling Dreams, I learned about the diverse range of assistive technology that is made available to those who need them. This video opened my eyes and I gained compassion for the extraordinary will power of people with disabilities. This video encouraged me to learn more about the diverse assistive technology that is made available for students with disabilities.
I learned that these assistive technologies allow students with disabilities to attain their individual goals. Assistive technology helps these students attain independence and accomplishment. Students with disabilities have access to thousands of diverse assistive technology that can assist in their education and daily life.
The University of Guam has the Guam System for Assistive Technology (GSAT) which is located in the Dean’s Circle. GSAT provides assistive technology and related services to people with disabilities so that they can live productive, independent, and quality lives. When I become a teacher, I plan to incorporate assistive technology into my lesson plans when stated by the student's Individualized Education Plan. I believe that if I create lesson plans that are both effective and engaging students with special needs will feel equal and successful amongst their peers.
Hi:
ReplyDeleteNicely written.
-j-